2 of 2
small outdoor aviary recommendations
Posted: 02 December 2011 03:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
New Participant
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-11-30
Matt Smith - 14 August 2007 06:08 AM

Around here probably the biggest threat would be racoons and black (rat) snakes which can grow quite large.  I have seen about a 6’ long one around here.  You’re right about enclosing the surrounding vegetation inside the aviary itself, making sure it is safe, you can just build the aviary around the greenery!  Here is a closer picture of an aviary that we enclosed 3 small poplar trees inside of.  Of course much of the trees have been chewed up but they’re still growing!

We had a similar issue with our aviary. The way we protected them was to have two layers of wire on both sides of each panel so that nothing could get them. Hope you understood my description, we don’t have these anymore otherwise I would upload a picture so you can see what I mean.

Signature 

After reading librow reviews and hairmax reviews I hope my hair will be like my parrots feathers haha.

Posted: 20 January 2012 03:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
New Participant
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-01-20

I have built something similar using online plans http://www.bettaliving.org/DIY/Detailed_plans/Aviary/p1.html

Quite easy to follow, and the base on this one certainly makes for easy maintenance. What kind of nesting/roosting would you provide for your birds?

2 of 2