Help Urgent
Posted: 02 October 2008 01:22 PM   [ Ignore ]
New Participant
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-10-02

i have purchased two green parrots, i puted them on cage, but they scares & affraid alot, when anyone comes near to them they went far, they climb on the top of cage, they dont shout or talk, how can i train them, i want them to talk & shout, Help me plz and sorry for my English.

Posted: 16 July 2010 12:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
New Participant
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2010-07-16

Answer is simple: your parrots are not tame. They are afraid of human maybe because abuse, or the lack of socializing with humans.

Parrots are actually prey for many predators in the wild, and being scared of something they don’t know or doesn’t feel secure with is normal. And as they are in a new home with a new owner is making the birds very stressed. In the wild if you make alot of noice or gather attention when you don’t feel safe, you might also get attention from a predator and you could end up to be a dead bird.

You didn’t tell how long the parrots has been yours, but I guess not a long time. In time they will relax a little when they get used to the new enviroment, but you need to do the taming by collecting your parrots’ trust. Feeding them something they love, and give it to them only from your hand, you are the only one they get this treat from and in time, your parrots will start seeing you as something nice rather than something scary. But first you leave them in their cage for atleast a week or two, so that they can relax and get used to all the new things happening in their life. If you go there now and put your hand in their cage, your parrots will see you as a scary thing.

My opinion also is that you shouldn’t try to tame your birds in their cage, but in the next 1-2 weeks when they are relaxed and get to go outside their cage, start taming them then. Always avoid scaring the birds when they are inside by putting your hands in, that will help the birds to return back in their cage when they see the cage as a very safe location free of any predator. That will help them to go back there example for the nights, rather than fly somewhere very high outside their cage. smile

Good luck with the taming smile