How Your Support Saves Parrots
When you support the World Parrot Trust (WPT), your donations are making a direct impact on the lives of thousands of parrots, both in the wild and in captivity.
Contributions are focused on areas where they are likely to have the greatest impact. They enable in-country work to be carried out by WPT staff and well-placed partners, often struggling to exist in developing nations where concerns for wildlife and wild places can be held in low regard.
A global team
Thousands of individual members support WPT efforts around the world, volunteering countless hours and sharing their deep commitment, knowledge and experience to save parrots. Together these contributions enable our staff and in-country partners to:
- Save parrots with immediate and direct hands-on conservation actions
- Collect and disseminate new field research data and findings
- Encourage wildlife law enforcement and efforts to end the wild bird trade
- Rescue and release confiscated birds caught in the trade
- Protect and restore critical habitat areas
- Reach local and global communities to raise awareness of conservation threats
- Advocate for the better care of companion parrots everywhere
It is because of this support and the generous gifts of many individuals, foundations, sponsors, organizations and partner agencies that our work exists, and has collectively aided 66 species of parrots in 42 countries since 1989.
This support is vital to our success. Any help - big or small - makes a difference in the lives of parrots.